Compass Marine agents have become a valuable partner and resource for ship
owners and charterers travelling to ports along Canada's west coast.
When Compass Marine is appointed the agent for a vessel's call,
agents become involved in all aspects of the ship's operations.
The primary goal is to ensure clients a port entry, stay and departure
that is efficient, cost-effective and worry-free.
Compass Marine offers a variety of services:
- An on-call agent is available to assist clients on a 24/7 basis
throughout the year.
- Current, accurate information about the ports in which Compass
operates, enabling clients reliable, timely information throughout
cargo operations. News updates and reports are regularly posted
- Extensive experience working with port terminals along the Canadian
West Coast, including the Ports of Vancouver, Fraser River, Roberts
Bank/Deltaport, Vancouver Island and Prince Rupert.
- Excellent connections with maritime industry professionals across
Canada and around the world.
- Close affiliation with one of Vancouver's best-established brokerages,
CTL Westrans Shipbrokers.
- Multilingual staff who can converse with maritime industry colleagues
of diverse nationalities.
Agency Watch is an on-line vessel tracking and communications tool that is mutually accessible by both Compass Marine and our principals. Created and managed by our supplier Navarik Corporation, this system has become an integral part of Compass Marine's day-to day operations, enabling us to securely access vessel and cargo details from any computer terminal.
Within Agency Watch, Compass Marine staff can review and update important voyage details, create shipping documents
and send communications to vessels -- all while keeping the information safely archived for future on-line reference. The system also enables clients, once provided with an access code, to access this on-line information as well as communications pertinent to their vessel or cargo 24/7.